Powered By Blogger

Friday 10 August 2012

Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge - Paint it up



When thought of this Simon Says Stamp and Show - Paint it up challenge I only thought of the colours I might use. In the end I chose yellow, pink and orange paint and blended them altogether, and I put gesso through a stencil of flowers. I chose  Wendy Vichi stamps for the saying and the face and I coloured them in with Distress pens by painting the colours onto a craft sheet and using water on the TH brushes to colour the stamps in..


I used Distress inks, antique linen, worn lipstick and tumble glass. The photos don't show up the antique linin very well but then after all this is a craft blog and not a photographic blog!!


I was very pleased with the effect the technique produced on my  my canvas board.

9 comments:

  1. Carol, this is wonderful, what a glorious colour you mixed up and the gesso is really effective. Love the words too xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carol! Ever see a thumbnail of a piece and it really catches your eye? Well...your piece did that to me! I love the vibrant colors of your background. The white gesso flowers look amazing and I'm sure that the texture is really cool as well. I love that Wendy Vecchi stamp...on of my favorite Wendy stamps. That blue eye is so striking and so is the bright yellow crown! Thanks for sharing your work with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the vibrant colours you have used, and the white flowers applied with the gesso, but most of all I like the way the mysterious lady iseems to be looking through a window, which fits with the idea that she is shy and only flies when no-one can see. Love, Jez XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cool project...great colours, face image and gesso flowers! I love it!
    Hugs from Slovenia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Carol. Thank you for the very nice comment you left on my blog. I truly do love your piece! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very eye catching piece , your background is very striking, the vibrant colours are perfect combined with the texture of the Gesso applied through a stencil. Love the image too. A lovely creative piece. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Carol, this piece is just gorgeous, love the striking colours and the stamp is fabulous. Great praise from Candy C too, she is the most amazing crafter and you so deserve her praise! Crafty hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the contrast of the bright background and the black and white stamped face - it's awesome! The colors are great, and the finished result is just awesome. I love it! Thank you so much for sharing and joining us this week at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Carol this is lovely I like the use of the colours and the stencil is so cool :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for looking at my blog, comments are always welcome.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...