Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 29 August 2012

Simon Says Stamp and Show - Challenge: Inspired by Summer Distress




This challenge inspired me to use 3 colours from the Summer collection of Distress inks: mowed lawn, salty sea and pickled raspberry. I started with a background of mowed lawn which I sprinkled water on. I cut out the hearts  and coloured them in with distress ink pickled raspberry and added a strip of  Tim Holtz's music tape. I used black archival ink for the saying.
I cut the swirls and coloured them in with distress ink salty ocean.





The ribbon was dyed with salty ocean.





I glued the lower heart onto a Tim Holtz Idea-ology Alpha cards alphabet letter M.
I would also like to enter this tag to Hel's Sunday Stamper week 220 - Green Tambourine

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, all those bright colours are just perfect... thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just don't realise how beautiful these new colours are until you see them done like this Carol, love the swirls and the hearts especially. Crafty hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carol, your post really caught my eye as your tag is so brightly colored! Love it! I love the spritz and flick background you've given to the mowed lawn color. The blue flourishes and the pink hearts really look terrific. You have really showed off those summer distress colors well! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your colours spark off each other so well in this happy piece. I like it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic Tag and I love the bright colours Carol. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carol...thank you so very much for your very sweet comment left on my blog about my summer distress tag! You made my morning...truly you did!! Thanks so much!!! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for looking at my blog, comments are always welcome.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...