Powered By Blogger

Monday 23 April 2012

Compendium of Curiosities 2, Challenge 2 and Simon Says Stamp and Show your favourite Word!




Today I am doing a project for both a Compendium of Curiosities 2, Challenge 2 and Simon Says Stamp and Show your favourite Word! killing two birds or should I say challenges with one stone!
Using page 58 of Tim Holtz's excellent new book I made a tag. Firstly I did wrinkle free distress technique using distress inks, tea dye, vintage photo and brushed cordroy. Using Tim Holtz's Stampers Anonymous stamp of pen nibs I stamped on the background. That was my background done. I now used the directions from page 58 to create a faux patina on the corners, the pen nib and an ornate plate from Tim Holtz's Idea-ology range.



Simon Says use your favourite word so I put the word "BELIEVE" in the ornate plate, because lets face it you don't get anywhere unless you "BELIEVE" in yourself. The word was a stamp from Stampers Anonymous Studio 490 - Its Face Art.



The flowers and leaves are from a packet I bought from a show last year, and I coloured in the ribbon with distress stains vintage photo and walnut stain from Tim Holtz. The faux patina is a really good technique, well worth buying the book for it. The colours on the tag are much richer in real life than show up in the photograph, and the flowers twinkle with the glitter that's on them.

12 comments:

  1. Ooh Carol, this is so gorgeous! I love the background of the tag - great colours, the Tim Holtz technique looks stunning and your flowers bring it all together perfectly, You have such a good eye for colour! Believe is such a great word! This is one of my favourites out of all of your projects. Anna xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Carol! This is RIDICULOUSLY gorgeous! Seriously!! Wow, great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Carol! I love that you used so many patina pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous tag Carol, love your patina pieces and your flowers work so well . Great word choice too. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tag is lovely. I really love that pen nibs stamp! It's one of my favorites. Your patina on the metal pieces really looks good. Love your grouping of flowers, too. Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely, Carol, so original and such lovely colours. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your tag gorgeous colours :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carol as always this is beautiful and makes me want to believe. Sara xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. That faux patina is such good fun isn't it, I love it and I love your tag - those pen nibs are so useful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Saw the actual tag today and was allowed to hold and feel it. The photograph is good, but screen photos just don't show the lovely textures - and those hydrangeas are 3-D flowers and leaves and so realistic. Lovely to see. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do BELIEVE-- that you're a fabulous artist! Spectacular work on the challenge, Carol. This is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic tag!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for looking at my blog, comments are always welcome.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...