Powered By Blogger

Friday 13 April 2012

Simon Says Stamp and Show a Lord Tim Technique



Simon Says Stamp and Show a Lord Tim Technique. The background for this tag is shown on Tim Holtz's 12 tags of 2012- April. I used archival ink (coffee) and the Floral Frames Texture Fades Embossing Folders Set by Tim Holtz which I went over with distress ink dried marigold and I used vintage photo to go around the edge. I stamped out "Love" "Wish" and "Dream" from Stuff to Say by Stampers Anonymous which I coloured with distress ink. I did the ribbon with lots of different colours of distress stains  to match the tag . The two butterflies I learnt how to do them on my Creative Chemistry 101 by Tim Holtz online course, but it is also in his Compendium of Curiosities Volume 2 page 48.







I would also like to say thank you to the Simon Says Stamp and Show team for drawing me out to win the $50 prize. I have immediately been over to the Simon Says store and bought some Tim Holtz stamps that I can't get in the UK. Can't wait for them to arrive!!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Great tag! I love how you picked out the texture detail with vintage photo Ink. Great idea to dye your ribbon to fit in with your tag too! We're really pleased that you found time to join in with the Simon says stamp and show challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulation on winning a prize, so pleased for you, and you deserve it for all the lovely work you do. Yet another really nice tag. I love your work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Carol - sorry I'm late with this well done!! I love the embossing on the side of your tag, the butterflies are gorgeous and the ribbons are really fab! I do think your work is lovely and it's always fun to come over here and see what you've been up to!
    Juliaxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carol I love this tag the colours are really lovely. Congratulations on your win isn't shopping fun (especially when it's not your money )
    Sara xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for looking at my blog, comments are always welcome.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...