Powered By Blogger

Thursday 1 March 2012

Kate Crane's 2012 366 challenge - March



Spring is sprung, and the month of daffodils is here. Starting with a blank page and a lot of ideas I used Dylusions Acrylic Paints, green, white and yellow blended together with a brush to give a spring like feel to the page. I marked the page with bottle lids, credit cards and lego which I also did over the weeks of March to give a cohesive design.

When I thought of March I thought of the daffodils coming up in the garden and the poem by William Wordsworth.

The Daffodils


I wander'd lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host of golden daffodils,
Beside the lake, beneath the trees
Fluttering and dancing in the breeze

This is the first verse of the poem and I chose the 3rd and 4th lines to encorporate into my design. I had a daffodil stamp which I stamped onto yellow paper using black ink. I cut the 7 daffodils out and glued them onto the page. I made the stalks out of slivers of green paper.

I noticed that other people are putting up their completed diaries so here are my completed January and February diaries.








13 comments:

  1. Very spring-like! I love daffodils.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab page, love the daffodils and the the poem x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, very spring-like indeed, that is one of my favourite poems and daffodils are my favourite flowers too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carol, you have created some more wonderful pages. Happy crafting xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely again Carol. I love the way you use colours, and the daffodils are a very happy touch. Congratulations. XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And daffodils on our front garden came out in flower today!!

      Delete
  6. Your pages are beautiful, truly anticipating Spring. I'm glad that you've put your completed pages on too. Its great seeing the planned pages and how they look after the days have been filled in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty spring like pages - lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am loving the Spring green and the yellow daffodils. My daffodils are pushing up from the ground surrounded by snow. # weeks ago we had near 70 degree weather and now this. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. March is truly Spring like, love it and the poem I can remember studying for my english lit O level.
    Love Snoopy and Peanuts on Feb, perfect for Valentine. January is such a pretty colour.x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful pages! Love that tall flower going up the side of the page for March.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great colours, love daffodils - Spring is on it's way! Great to see Snoopy on your Feb pages btw!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for looking at my blog, comments are always welcome.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...