Powered By Blogger

Monday 12 March 2012

12 tags of 2012 - march...


This project was for Tim Holtz 12 tags of 2012 - march. As I didn't have the stamp that Tim had used for the background I decided to use Tim Holtz Alterations, Texture Fades in wood grain. I inked it up with distress ink walnet stain and this gave a lovely wood effect for the background.
I made two butterflies according to Tim Holtz's instructions from Movers & Shapers mini butterfly set,  with a sticky background. To the sticky background I added a mosaic made out of very small pieces of different coloured papers from Tim Holtz's Lost and Found paper selection. I applied some embossing powder, black sparkle, to the sticky spaces between the papers and heated it creating a stained glass window effect.



I now trimmed a Journaling Ticket by Tim Holtz and stamped it with a sentiment from Artful Things's clear stamps.



I completed the tag with a Tim Holtz Trimmings which I dyed  with distress stains in several different colours to match the multiple colours of the mosaic effect in the butterflies.


After all this wonderful effort my two miniature Schnauzers decided they could improve the tag with a bit of chewing. My husband found them in the kitchen having a right old munch.



I hope they look suitably sorry for their behaviour. They are lucky I love them both so much.



Here is the "improved" canine version of one of the butterflies and as for the rest of the tag..... mmm

2 comments:

  1. What great dogs even if a bit naughty Carol! They do look a bit sad. Anyway the upside is that you are even more talented now as you got to pratice your techniques again in your lovely tag. Love these mosaic butterlflies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tag -- and oh my, I'm sorry your pups got to it! My mother-in-law's westie tried to run off with one of my cards last year ... fortunately I grabbed it in time. I think there's something magical about our crafty stuff - it's like catnip for dogs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for looking at my blog, comments are always welcome.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...