Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 6 March 2012

Sunday Stamper - Week 195 - Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds



This week the theme of  Hel's Blog is Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds. I bought a new Bigz Die (Heart Wings) last week and I thought I'd take this opportunity to use it for the first time. For the background of the tag I used Tim Holtz wrinkle free technique using distress inks, broken china, faded jeans and tumbled glass. I used Tim Holtz Texture Fades Embossing Folders Fancy and Floral Frames Set to create a pretty border along the right hand side.
I tried to do Julia's technique but I realised that it was for acetate and I had used a tag. I had to scrub my Embossing Folder since I had covered it with gold paint, however it gave a lovely effect.
Here is a link to Julia's technique.
I used gold Dabber on the edges of the tag.
I cut out all the elements of the die in grunge paper, painted the crown with a gold dabber and glued small diamonds (not real) to the points of the crown. The red card heart was backed using music paper with more small diamonds (still not real) glued in place.
The wings I painted with a white dabber (snow cap)  and when it was dry a put distress crackle paint (picket fence) over it. As this paint dries crackles appear which I covered with distress ink pumice stone.
The tag was completed with a stamp saying "You are special to me" and a butterfly from my stash and topped with a white ribbon with gold edges. 

4 comments:

  1. gorgeous tag, love the embossed edge, tis lush... thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tag - love the embossed effect down the side.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work anf the colours are just so lovely. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your diamonds, Carole!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for looking at my blog, comments are always welcome.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...