Powered By Blogger

Sunday 1 April 2012

Kate Crane's 2012 366 challenge - April



Yes its a new month of Kate Cranes 2012 366 Challenge so it's time to make my April page. I started with painting my page in Dylusions Acrylic Paints pink, yellow and white blending them together with a brush. I then used a Crafter's Workshop template, flowers and used white paint on cut and dry foam to create the image, 3 or 4 times.



I used bottle tops and Lego to make marks on the page and then cut out various papers for each day of the month. I thought they were too big so I trimmed them with wavy edge scissors to make them a better size.


Next, I stamped APRIL with one of my alphabet stamps.




I now drew the outline of some flowers from the Crafter's Workshop template I had used earlier and finished the project with Dylusions stamps Around the Edge little leaves and little Easter Chicks stamp from my stash linking the background and the forground together

Now I'll show you my completed March page:

18 comments:

  1. I really like your pages! In my book it is hard to go wrong with orange and yellow. This is my first time joing Kate's monthly journal, hope you will stop by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work and fab colour scheme x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carol, I love your pages, you have a great eye for colour and I love the bottle tops and Lego idea - I've used bottle tops - off to find some of my daughters old Lego!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I especially love April -- what a profusion of flowery and leafy goodness :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of your pages are just great. I love the colors in April's calendar. And the date squares are so pretty with the flourish-y edging.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pages! Like the wavy journal blocks :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your flowers! I think I really need to invest in some of those inks....so bright!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done Carol. Fabulous colours and great detail. Just puts you in the mood for good weather - fingers crossed :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous bright pages, such a riot of colour, love it

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Carol, This is a lovely double page, with the colours and the leaves and flowers to surround it and welcome Spring. You always produce lovely artistic work - proud of you. Love, Jez

    ReplyDelete
  11. A wonderful design for April. Lovely bright warm colours, just what we need.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely colours... As for the clay stuff of mine on ASCTB, yes you can do the technique with Fimo and the sharp cutters can be found where you get your clay, or at Hobbyart etc... Jewellery Maker on tele do them too.. Hope that helps. See you do tags?? why not join us at DragonsDream Tag it On ... new theme Wednesday
    Frankie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the layers of colour and stencils and the wavy cut edges of your blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful colours and gorgeous details Carol. I'm very jealous of all those doing this as I wasn't really up and on line enough to take notice of it. I suppose I could start later. . . . . .!!
    More hugs,
    Juliaxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful,colorful spreads!!I especailly love what you've done for April-what a great background! I too am loving the new Dylusion stamps and have used some on my March spread.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your journal blocks in April and what gorgeous warm colour, let's hope it is although it snowed today.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The background for April is GORGEOUS! Lovely work :-) Well done for keeping up so far!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You guys out there are performing a great job.
    truck bodies

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for looking at my blog, comments are always welcome.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...