Powered By Blogger

Friday 20 April 2012

Sunday Stamper - Week 201 - Man of the World

EDWARD



To get some inspiration for this Sunday Stamper - Week 201 - Man of the World I firstly put out all of my stamps with men, machines, cars and cogs on them and I finally got the inspiration I needed from Cuttlebug's Clockworks. Using the Clockworks embossing folder I embossed the background using Tim Holtz's Kraft-Core Nostalgic Collection (in blue). To create the worn effect I sanded the embossed paper using Tim Holtz's sanding block.



I used the clock face from Tim Holtz's Bigz Die Weathered Clock in a rusty coloured Kraft-Core paper which I also sanded with the sanding block. The clock hands were made using Tim Holtz's Paper Stash Crowded Attic covered with glossy accents.



With the same rusty Kraft-Core paper I cut out a lower border using Steampunk edge die and sanded it with the sanding block.



I embellished the project using Tim Holtz's findings, Gears and Game Spinners.





Finally I stamped Edward from Hero Arts (2008) Exclusive Vintage Collection. He seemed like a Man of the World. This was a fun project and I am so pleased with it I think I'll make this into a birthday card for my dad.

5 comments:

  1. Hi carol I love the clockworks embossing folder I've not seen that one I'm sure your dad will love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that shabby sanded look... perfect! Thanks for joining in with the Sunday STamper x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really terrific again. I think he'll love that as a card - I won't breathe a word. Love Jez

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carol, yes he does seem like a man of the world. Love the colours you have used and all the embellishments. The embossing folder is great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carol, this is gorgeous! That blue background is really effective and I love your wonderful cogs and gears

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for looking at my blog, comments are always welcome.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...