Powered By Blogger

Sunday 12 February 2012

Fun with Wendy Vecchi Studio 490

My last post showed a spool for the Sunday Stamper - Week 191 challenge. The following photographs are of projects I did before the Sunday Stamper challenge.


This project was a version of the one Hels demonstrated on the Create and Craft channel using Art Parts from the Sample Pack, the Leaves Pack and the Flowers Pack. The background was made with Tim Holtz papers (Lost and Found) and then embellished with two bottles from 7 Gypsies. I left the letters visible as by chance they came out as our initials, Carol and Martin.


This is my second project from the Sample Pack and Flower Pack. For the background I again used Tim Holtz papers (Lost and Found) and I stamped Studio 490 Live and Make Art list of words. I used the same technique on the frame, which I sprayed with glimmer mist. For the flower I used paper from my stash which I glimmer misted. The stalk and leaves were coloured with distressed ink. A button was used for the centre of the flower.


After completing Hels Sunday Stamper - Week 191 spool I decided to make a smaller spool. I used the lace stamp from Sentimental Art (Studio 490) inked with the Ranger acrylic paint Pearl dabber on a white card (be sure to clean your stamp immediately).  Once it was dry I applied chipped saphire distressed ink by Tim Holtz to the stamped image  and used the card to cover the spool. I used a leaf out of the Leaf Pack and a stalk out of the Sample Pack, which I cut in half. I wanted it to be a brighter green so I embossed them with green embossing powder. I made the flowers with a Tim Holtz technique, using tattered roses from his big dies with Tim Holtz paper Vintage Shabby (2x2) and I found some lovely butterflies from Anita's. The rear butterflies were placed on clear modelling film shown in  (Sunday Stamper - Week 191)


I really love these Wendy Vecchi Art Parts and enjoy making them. I am sure I'll be putting up some more up in the near future.

3 comments:

  1. They are all gorgeous Carol but my favourite is the frame - stunning. You're so inventive and clever! Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!!! Are you addicted? I bet you are... and I hope you are too.. you are really rocking the Art Parts, LOVE your version of the little shelf... how cute that your initials are showing too, I love seeing happy coincidences like that! Thanks for sharing your Studio 490 creativity x *btw, I have just seen the new stamps and art parts and embellishments... oohlalalaaa, they are all LUSH!!*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for looking at my blog, comments are always welcome.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...