Powered By Blogger

Saturday 4 February 2012

Sunday Stamper - Week 190 - I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles

My mother taught me this technique of blowing inky bubbles through a straw. I used a saucer filled with washing-up liquid, ink and water. I blew into the mixture through a straw to make the bubbles. I placed my tag onto the bubbles to create a bubble pattern.



These are the tags I created.




On the tan tag I stamped Silhouette Grass by Hero Arts, then I used a journaling ticket from Tim Holtz and stamped the sentiment "live in the moment and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering" (Urban Chic). The ticket was  then stapeled onto the tag using my mini-stapeler. It was completed by dying a ribbon to match the tag.



I enjoyed doing this tag so much that I did another one. I stamped Love Bugs (or as we say Ladybirds) from Stamps by Judith in black and then I coloured them in using water coloured pens.



This was a really fun project. I loved playing with the inky bubbles technique. 




5 comments:

  1. Carol, lovely tags and a very cool technique, I shall have a go at this myself xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW and thrice WOW Carol, I love that technique... how cool is that!!! Love your gorgeous tags, I keep seeing that Hero Arts stamp, think I need to add it to my wishlist.... thanks for joining in with the Sunday STamper x

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE THEM MUM!! Thanks for the previous tag its now up on my cork board :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this technique Carol. Particularly like the tag with the Hero Arts Stamp. Gorgeous! Could I ask which ribbon you use and what you use to colour it please? I have seen this alot but don't know how it's done - such a novice I'm afraid!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used plain ribbon from http://www.theartisticstamper.com/ribbons_and_fibres.htm
    I coloured in with Tim Holtz distress stain -walnut stain - you measure out the length of ribbon you require and dab it with the distressed stain, then screw the ribbon up and dry with a heat gun. Alternatively, if you want a lighter stain you can wet the ribbon with your water spray and then dab with the distressed stain.
    I hope you don't mind inky figures, enjoy youself with the technique.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for looking at my blog, comments are always welcome.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...