Powered By Blogger

Monday 20 February 2012

Sunday Stamper - Week 193 - Stitch in Time



This week Hel's Blog Sunday Stamper - Week 193 - is a Stitch in Time. Using sewing as a starting point, I cut out the Bigz Die -  Sewing Room with my Vagabond which I distressed with vintage photo. I cut out a double sided adhesive sheet to the size of the dress former. I peeled off one side of the adhesive rectangle and then put material on it and put it all through my Vagabond using the Sewing Room die again. Once it was cut out, I removed the other side of the adhesive and stuck it onto the dress former. I  then put gathering stitches on a strip of material and gathered it to make a skirt and finished it off with a velvet ribbon, using some bling stick-ons for a necklace.



Moving onto the tag, I used the wrinkle free distress technique in tea dye distress ink. The stamps I used were from the Haberdashery (Stampers Anonymous) Tim Holtz in various colours of distressed inks. The black dress form was stamped in pigment ink and I used Tim Holtz Reflections stamp without any ink to remove ink and leave an impression.



I cut up some Tim Holtz tape measure after colouring it in with distressed stain, broken china and adhered it to the tag. I sewed around the tag and needle book. The spool was wrapped in Crafter's Cord and I pinned a small sewing machine embellishment  on a mini safety pin (Tim Holtz) .



For the ribbon I dyed it with distressed stain in broken china, threaded it through then voila it was finished.

6 comments:

  1. Love your tag Carol, there is a blue thing going on!Yours is beautiful. I got my shadow box from Ikea ages ago, very cheap, got a couple but haven't dared use them til now! Hope you find them. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol, this is gorgeous. I love all the little extra details. There is so much to enjoy on this! That little sewing machine charm is fab xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another beautiful piece of work, and very original. I love the way you have combined textiles with paper, etc. You are very talented. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi carol thank you for leaving a lovely comment on my blog isn't it exciting when people enjoy your work. I love the blue dress on your tag and all the little extra embellishments. Bye f or now Sara x

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh so cute! Love the dressform in a dress... so pretty! thanks for joining in with the Sunday STamper x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is Stunning. I also dressed my dressform. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for looking at my blog, comments are always welcome.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...