Powered By Blogger

Friday 8 June 2012

Simon Says Stamp Show and Some Texture



I read an article in the Somerset Studio (Sep/Oct 2011) magazine on Texture by Christy Tomlinson and it inspired me to make this canvas board. I first covered it in collage with in all sorts of paper, then a thin layer of gesso.  On top of this I put stamping of different colours using Tim Holtz stamps, bottle tops and bubble wrap. I did a bird cage using a metal template and texture paste and when it dried I coloured it in with an ink pad.



I drew a lady and collaged the the skirt and top with bits out of the magazine and then painted her.




I added some lace and embellishments.







I really enjoyed this and I'm  entering it into Simon Says Stamp Show and  Some Texture


3 comments:

  1. Well Carol, you certainly have shown some texture on this piece, it is beautiful. I love all the overstamping you did and that birdcage is fantastic, love the dimension it creates. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how vibrant your colours are on this piece! The Design Team are really pleased that you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week - Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your piece is lovely! Great colors, nice choice of paper for the skirt! Lots of texture! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for looking at my blog, comments are always welcome.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...