Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 12 June 2012

Sunday Stamper - Week 209 - Pretty In Pink and Simon Says Stamp and Show - Anything Goes!



Sunday Stamper by Hels theme is PINK so I went to work on a canvas 10"x12" and I painted it with Adirondack acrylic paint dabber in Shell Pink. I stamped the canvas using Tim Holtz's Mixed Media with distress ink spun sugar. I used Portobello Road embossing folder in the shape of a Union Jack and then embossed various colours of pink Tim Holtz's papers to lay on top of it. I think this gave a lovely effect.


Using the Vagabond i cut several of the Tim Holtz Alterations Bigz Dies, Sewing Room and Tattered Florals. I now used Movers and Shakers Mini Heart Set, Mini Flourish and the Mini Butterflies Set in various colours of pink.


On the dress form I stamped Indigo Blu thimbles in Archival Ink, coffee. I made the flowers from the Tattered Florals using several layers together. The leaves I made from Tim Holtz's Alterations Tattered Leaves and I covered the flowers and the leaves in glitter.



I finished the canvas with a sentiment from Tim Holtz's Stuff to Say, some pink glitter in a bottle and a self adhesive Pearl Swirl.



I was pleased with the result and I am entering it into Simon Says Stamp and Show.



7 comments:

  1. Hi Carol, I love your canvas, so much to look at, but the way you have done the flag is amazing, loving the flowers and butterfly too. I love it. A x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just saw this 'in the flesh' as it were and it is beautiful. The photo is very good but the colours are even lovelier on the canvas. The flag is terrific and looks so right in the pastel colours. Another great inspiration Carol. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have just seen thie actual canvas and it is even lovelier than it looks in the photo. The pink and brown go so well together and the flag looks really good in the shades of pink. All beautifully done and very original. Love it. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, its awesome. Love it!! Butterfly is so cute :D
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh, this is gorgeousness indeedily, LOVE thoswe little flowers.. .so cute! thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper... sorry I am a bit late coming to see you x

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOve the idea of your pink flage Carol.Your canvas is very pretty as pink should be! Great to see you having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. very lovely indeed - such pretty pink tones and great texture! Thanks so much for joining in at Simon Says Stamp and Show. Sarah.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for looking at my blog, comments are always welcome.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...